Turning your favorite party activity into a pull ribbon piñata is a particularly good idea for small kids’/ toddlers’ birthday parties or indoor celebrations. It is a fun, yet safe party game for the youngest kids who can get hurt trying to break open a piñata with a buster bat. Fill your piñata with great piñata prizes (like these from our partner, Birthday in a Box), the kids will love it and it will be a party to remember!
1) First of all, the piñata must have a flat bottom. Cut a 3″x3″x3″ flap on the bottom, as close to center as possible. Perforate a small hole near the extreme of flap where it opens.
2) Pass a ribbon through flap and tie a knot from the side that will remain inside the piñata.
3) Close flap. Do not secure flap with any tape or adhesive.
4) Using scotch or masking tape attach ribbons around base of piñata. Pull the ribbon that is hanging out of trap and bring it to same level as other ribbons.
5) Spread glue over the bottom of the piñata and apply the tissue paper making sure all ribbons are completely covered. Let dry. Your pull thread piñata is ready!