These Cupcake Recipes May Not Quench Your Thirst, But They’ll Make Your Mouth Water
Cherry Coke floats, pink lemonade, eggnog, and cocoa are some of our favorite drinks. And, now, we’re going to share with you how to make them in cupcake form! Try these recipes at home, and decide for yourself what your favorites are.
1. Eggnog Cupcakes
This is an especially perfect treat to serve at your holiday parties.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1 2/3 cups (240g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter (170g), room temperature
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (120ml) eggnog
- 1/4 cup (120ml) milk
2. Hot Cocoa Cupcakes
Of all the cupcake recipes, this one is sure to warm your belly.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup prepared hot cocoa, cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- (Garnish with whipped cream, marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, mini candy canes, and/ or crushed peppermints)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tins with 18 paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Using a wire whisk, blend the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the oil, prepared hot cocoa, vanilla and eggs to the dry ingredients. Whisk until well incorporated and no lumps remain. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide the batter between the lined cupcakes tins.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes; then place them on a rack to cool completely.
3. Cherry Coke Float Cupcakes
This comfort recipe will make you feel like you’re in a diner.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 6 T cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups Coke (don’t use diet)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners. Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and butter and beat on medium-high until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each and scraping down the sides if needed. In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, Coke and vanilla extract, making sure to let the foam calm down after you mix it in. Foam will do us no good here.
- Beginning with the your flour mixture, add to the butter mixture, alternating with the Coke mixture in 4 parts. Beat each addition just until incorporated.
- Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the tops spring back when touched lightly and a toothpick inserted in the center cupcake comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, use a paring knife to cut out a cone shape in the middle of each cupcake. Add a spoonful of cherry pie filling to each cupcake. You may want to try to chop the cherries up a bit.
Read how to glaze and frost the cakes at passthesushi.com.
4. Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
Summer baking anyone?
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1 box white or lemon cake mix
- 4 egg whites
- ⅓ C. oil
¾ C. milk
- ⅓ C. plain yogurt
- ¼ C. lemon juice
- 2 T. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 and line pans with cupcake liners.
Sift cake mix into a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, oil, milk, yogurt, lemon juice, and lemon zest until smooth.
- Add cake mix; stir to combine well.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 17–22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Read a few other cupcake recipes and the awesome strawberry buttercream frosting for this one in the original post at ldsliving.com.
C4u Tip: Try these drink flavored cupcake recipes at your cupcake party!